How to Choose the Perfect Wedding Dress
Choosing your wedding dress is an exciting yet overwhelming process. With so many styles, fabrics, silhouettes and trends to consider, it can be hard to know where to start. Here are some tips to help you find the ideal bridal gown for your big day:
1. Determine your wedding dress style. Decide whether you want an A-line, ballgown, mermaid, sheath or other type of silhouette. Do you want sleeves or strapless? A-line dresses tend to be the most versatile and flattering for all body types.
2. Consider your body shape. Know your best features and where you want more coverage. If you have broad shoulders, look for styles with straps or sleeves. If you want to minimize your hips, try an A-line dress.
2.1.Bodysuit is a great tool. It helps to shape and smooth your curves in your wedding dress. A strapless bodysuit with light shaping can provide extra support and definition while remaining practically invisible under your gown. Adding a bodysuit and undergarments that you're comfortable in can boost your confidence on your special day.
3. Choose the right neckline. V-necks elongate your torso while a sweetheart neckline draws attention up. Consider if you want a high neck, illusion or off-the-shoulder style.
4. Consider your venue and time of day. An outdoor garden wedding calls for a romantic, flowy dress while an evening ceremony may suit a more embellished style.
5. Try on a few key styles if you do not know where to start. Don't overwhelm yourself and don't limit yourself to one silhouette. Many brides end up choosing a style they hadn't initially considered.
6. Look for flattering details. Beading, lace, embroidery and other details can complement your figure. Make sure they actually enhance your shape and don't add unnecessary bulk or weight.
7. Make adjustments. A properly fitted dress can make or break your look. Have the straps adjusted, the hem lowered and the bodice altered to nip in the waist. Even the perfect dress may need slight customization.
7.1.The size on the tag doesn't matter. Take a deep breath and don't worry about it - it's just between you and your stylist. Wedding dresses are commonly designed to run small, so don't be surprised if you need to choose a larger size. Keep in mind that the difference between each size is only about 2 inches, which may not be visually noticeable, but your body will definitely feel it. It's important to ensure that you can comfortably breathe and sit in your dress. Remember, you're beautiful just the way you are!
8. Set a budget and stick to it. Wedding dresses can be expensive, so knowing your limit ahead of time will help you avoid overspending. Additionally, don't forget to factor in the cost of accessories like shoes, jewelry, and a veil.
9. Listen to input but make the final decision yourself. Your mom, bridesmaids, and wedding party may have good advice, but ultimately you're the one wearing the dress on your special day. Go with your gut.
I'd love to be your virtual bridal stylist! Hire me to make this process as fun, simple and tailored to your tastes as possible. My only agenda is helping you discover the gown that reflects the confident, radiant bride you are. If that appeals to you, I'd love to speak further and answer any questions. Contact me and let's find your perfect dress!